Call for Submission for the Inaugural Issue
We are inviting articles, notes and book reviews on the following broad areas. However we are open to inclusion of new topics/areas as per the scope of the journal:
- Indian Cultural Traditions: Dharma, Religions, sects, belief systems, rituals etc.
- Narrative Traditions: Poetry, literature, Oral traditions, katha traditions etc.
- Visual Traditions: Art, architecture, folk painting etc. in various states
- Performing Traditions: Music, dance, drama, folk theatre, etc.
- Musical Traditions: ballads, tattvas, oggukatha in Telangana, Rajasthan’s tradition of singing the Ramayana and the Mahabharata etc.
- Historical Traditions: Myths, Puranas, Chronicles, Accounts etc.
Submission Deadline: January 15, 2016.
Publication Schedule: We will follow continuous publication system and we will start publishing the articles once the reviews are complete. In every quarter the articles will be clubbed together as an issue under a year (as Volume). The Opening Issue will be considered Vol. 1, no. 1, 2016. We will apply for the ISSN after this issue.
Contact: Send your submission of articles, notes and book reviews to the Chief Editor at email@example.com and add a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for Consideration of Materials
Primary Criteria for Consideration for Peer Review: All the materials must meet the following criteria first. Otherwise, the materials will be rejected without formal review:
- Originality: Original ideas, new areas explored while drawing upon existing scholarship.
- Relevance: Topics must be relevant for discussion in the present context.
- Interdisciplinarity: Interdisciplinary approach is a must.
Types of materials to be published:
Critical Articles: Minimum 3000 and maximum 5000 words (including citations, notes etc)
Notes: Of any length below 3000 words. [Write-up containing insights and new findings from already established scholars of high reputation in their fields. Citation may not be necessary]
Book Reviews: Reviews of books (not older than 2 years) relating to the thrust areas. Between 1000-1500 words.
Publication Fee: There is no publication fee for the inaugural issue.
For more details please visit www.indianstudies.net/call-for-submission